NorState Federal Credit is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by each member who belongs to the credit union. As of the end of 2015, Norstate FCU had 13,749 members and assets of $175 million along with 70 employees. In addition to its six branch locations, the credit union also has 9 conveniently located ATMs.
NorState Federal Credit Union was founded on January 21, 1941. A group of local leaders saw the need to provide financial services to the employees of Fraser Papers and took it upon themselves to serve that need. Over the six decades that have followed, the credit union has evolved into the dynamic, full service financial institution that it is today.
From its humble beginnings in the janitor's closet at the Fraser Paper's mill to a multi-branch organization serving many thousands of people, the credit union has followed a strict notion of service to its members. As peoples needs and expectations have changed, so has the credit union in order to meet those needs and to live up to our goal of being “Your Lifelong Financial Partner.”
Our Mission Statement
Working Together To Improve Our Members' Financial Lives
Our Vision Statement
NorState FCU is the most valued, respected and progressive provider of financial services to all residents of Aroostook County and Northern Penobscot County.
Did you know?
- During its 73 year history, your credit union has made over 101,350 loans totaling $575,647,688.88! That’s right, over half a billion dollars in loans to you the members.
- Your credit union now has over 13,288 members.
- With your generosity, your credit union has donated in excess of $189,000.00 to local food pantries.
Board of Directors
- Cliff Cyr , Chairman
- David Mitchell, Vice Chairman
- Ray Marquis, Treasurer
- Muriel Dechaine, Secretary
- Bertrand Cyr
- Heather Pelletier
- Dale Danie